August 20, 2021 –
This National Science Week, the South West Science Council are bringing together a force of scientists to Bunbury in celebration of sustainability in this unique region.
Come along and hear about conservation activities and environmental projects in the South West and learn about careers in science and sustainability. Light refreshment provided, please register for catering purposes.
We will be joined by;
- Local speaker to present on traditional ecological knowledge of land practices.
- Conservation scientists from the Dolphin Discovery Centre
- Local mushroom enthusiast to present on her project studying the feasibility of harvesting edible mushrooms from seaweed.
- Engineer, with a background specialising in solar farming to speak on Green Hydrogen
- Post-Doc fellow to present on his study involving age estimation from animal DNA
There will be plenty of discussion time between presenters so come and find the answers to all your burning questions!