October 11, 2020 –
Ecoburbia’s intention is to create more sustainable, connected and resilient communities.
We provide exciting and motivating educational programs based on sound behaviour change theory.
Ecoburbia, as an urban community and microfarm, is a living demonstration of our intention that we share with others.
But just what is it?
Ecoburbia is part urban infill development, where we have converted one house into four self-contained living units, tripling the population density without adding to the house’s footprint.
Ecoburbia is part urban farm with chickens, goats, compost and fruit trees, plus a large shared veggie patch.
Ecoburbia is part demonstration sustainable house, with cutting edge energy systems, water collection and dispersal systems and innovative passive solar design.
Ecoburbia is part educational opportunity and community hub, with regular tours, workshops, films and other community events
You have heard about Ecoburbia - now come and see it for yourself.
During this tour you will see
- an alternative infill development
- a series of small and tiny houses,
- four water systems,
- an integrated power system including low tech power systems like solar ovens and cookers
- a house renovated for solar passive heating and cooling
- a simple composting toilet
- a large shared veggie garden, herb garden and preserves
- two goats and 15 chickens
And hear about:
- life living with 9 adults in self contained units under a benevolent dictatorship
- the reasons why Tim and Shani have created Ecoburbia
See you there!
PLEASE BRING SOME SNACKS TO SHARE WHEN WE HAVE A CUPPA