September 29, 2018 @ 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Organic Cafe, East Victoria Park, 926 Albany Hwy, Perth WA 6101, Australia
Have you ever wanted to build your own vegetable garden but are not sure where to start? Or perhaps your first attempt was a #epicfail ?
Well, then this is the workshop for you.
Join Carla Weir and the team from Gaias Organic Gardens as they share with you all of the tips for building a successful organic garden.
We share with you all of the trick and tips of the trade so that you can have wonderful fresh organic nutrient dense produce right at your back door.
Topics we will cover:
– Sun- Understand Sun and how to get the aspect of your garden right in both summer and winter
– Soil- How to get this essential step right- and how to keep it healthy for ongoing results
– Seed and Seedlings- What to look for when purchasing
– Watering Systems- Drip or Sprinkler
– Which type of garden bed is best for which scenarios
– Raised Bed or Dig into the ground?
We will also address:
– Wicking Beds
– Companion planting
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions about your garden and receive the guidance you need to get your set up correctly.
Take home notes provided.