October 23, 2017 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Alexander Lecture Theatre, UWA, Stirling Highway, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Come and join acclaimed architect Michael Reynolds in his tour presenting Earthships and the latest findings in self-sustainable architecture and design.
An Earthship is a state-of-the-art self-sustainable off-grid building that follows six basic principles, that covers the six basic needs of every human individual: power, water, food, shelter, comfort, and waste treatment:
• Using wind and solar energy to create electricity and light;
• Collecting, harvesting and filtering rain water to provide drinking and wash water;
• Producing its own food in an integrated greenhouse;
• Heating and cooling through thermal mass to create a comfortable living environment without additional costs;
• Using recycled and natural materials as building materials (dirt-pounded scrap tires, cans, plastic bottles, etc); and
• Containing and treating its own sewage and waste water without external contamination.
Tickets are USD $50.00 online.