March 1, 2018 @ 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
151 Marine Terrace, South Fremantle WA 6162, Australia
// HEALTHY SOILS, HEALTHY COMMUNITIES //
Pathways for Regeneration from Farm to Fork
A thriving food system should support optimal planetary health and human wellbeing, create and distribute widely and fairly
multiple economic benefits, and foster respect and connectedness across cultures, countries and generations.
This interactive and participatory workshop is the first step in such a whole-of-system collaborative effort at major change of WA’s food system, for the benefit of all. The workshop will lay the foundations for transformational co-learning to drive key changes in policy, planning, resourcing and investment.
Join us and be part of this ground-breaking initiative with an inspiring multi-stakeholder project.
FEATURING our excellent speakers:
* Dr. Lenore Newman, PhD, award-winning University of the Fraser ValleyAssociate Professor, writer and urban geographer
* Dr. Charles Massy OAM, PhD, regenerative farmer, agricultural ecologist and author of “Call of the Reed Warbler”
* Dr. Nick Rose, PhD, Sustain executive director, sustainable food systems expert and Churchill Fellow
* Di Haggerty, central wheatbelt farmer who along with husband Ian and son James developed the farming practise “Natural Intelligence Farming”
* Ben Cole, Managing Director of Wide Open Agriculture, a company seeking to revitalise Western Australia’s Wheatbelt through diversified, regenerative farming systems
* Jennie Franceschi, 2017 Telstra Australian Corporate and Private Award winner, Managing Shareholder of Fresh Produce Alliance processing facility championing sustainable agriculture ecosystems