September 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Bassendean WA 6054, Australia
Save the date! For the inaugural Bassendean Sustainable Urban Living Expo.
Information, talks and stalls about sustainable living:
-passive solar building design,
-water wise gardens,
-composting and more than you can poke a stick at..
Practical tips for everyday living.
August 24, 2017 – August 27, 2017
Mullewa Town Hall, Maitland Rd, Mullewa, Western Australia
The annual Mullewa Wildflower Show transforms the local hall into a bush setting filled with the region’s flowering specimens including great displays of Leschenaultia Macrantha, commonly known as the wreath flower.
The show is held over four days in the Mullewa Town Hall, bringing the bush to the people in this unique display, naming over 200 species of wildflowers.
Morning and afternoon teas are provided by the local community groups.
Open 9am to 4.30pm daily.
Adults – $6, Concession – $4, Children $1
August 19, 2017 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Building 500, cnr Manning Rd & Townsing Dr, Bentley, Western Australia, Australia
Join us as we celebrate chemists as local heroes; discover how science saves the day and make science your mission at ChemCentre Open Day 2017! Have a fun day out with friends and family while learning about the role that chemistry plays in safeguarding the WA community, industry and environment.
This year’s highlights include:
• The Clan Lab Experience – dressing up and exploring the life of real chemist heroes who help the WA Police solve crimes!
• Tours of our Forensics and Environmental Chemistry Laboratories
• Loads of exciting new shows, activities, and exhibitions
• Special guests from WA Police, Department of Fire and Emergency Services, Greyhounds as Pets and more
• FREE Soil Testing – bring along some backyard soil and our experts will analyse it to provide scientific insights into the chemistry of your soil
• FREE Liquid Nitrogen Ice cream and Fairy Floss
• And much, much more…
August 12, 2017 @ 10:00 am – August 13, 20174:00 pm
Perth Cultural Centre, Bordered by Roe Street, Beaufort Street, Francis Street and, William St, Northbridge WA 6003, Australia
We’re kicking off National Science Week with a bang with the 2017 Perth Science Festival!
Get down to the FREE Perth Science Festival at the Perth Cultural Centre for over 40 interactive stalls, explosive science shows, native animals, the list goes on! There will be a number of sustainability vendors coming, and we also have activities/displays such as worm farming and a Tiny Home.